What does ConnectOne Bank do with your personal information from the mobile application?
The mobile application requests access to information stored on your device such as location, camera, contacts, or other features you are enrolled in to enrich and simplify your own user experience and improve our services, as well as provide additional security to protect your account.
It is important for you to understand that:
- Before granting access to this information, you will be prompted to give the application that permission.
- If you do not wish to grant that permission, you may decline.
- If you later change your mind, those permissions can be updated in your device's settings
Some examples of information your app will request access to are:
- Location — Locations data is saved within Mobile Banking to be re-accessed by the customer when they want to review branches and ATMs they have visited previously. This data is retained for 13 months.
- Contacts — Mobile Banking accesses your contact list only for Zelle™ Services (excluding the ConnectOne Bank Business Mobile app). You must manually add the option to allow the use of Contacts for Zelle payments. If Contact information is used to create a payee, Zelle keeps the payee information for as long as you is an active Mobile Banking client.
- Camera — Photos of checks you deposit using Mobile Banking’s Remote Deposit Capture feature are saved for 24 months following the image capture of the deposited check
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
The application information is retained in accordance with state and federal record retention laws. Please contact us to determine specific timeframes for your personal stored information and if that information may be deleted.
Please contact ConnectOne Bank at (844)266-2548 or [email protected] regarding questions about the information included in this Mobile Privacy Disclosure or questions about this application.
Please note, you may request a hard copy of this disclosure by visiting your local branch or calling us at 844-266-2548.